Vladi & Georgy in St. Petersburg....

At a joint press conference held in Russia on Saturday with Bush and Putin a reporter had asked Bush how his conversation with Putin on "concerns about Russian democracy" had gone.

"I have shared with him my desires for our country, and he shared with me his desires for his," said Bush. "And I talked about my desire to promote institutional change in parts of the world like Iraq where there's a free press and free religion, and I told him that a lot of people in our country would hope that Russia would do the same thing."

"We certainly would not want to have the same kind of democracy as they have in Iraq, I will tell you quite honestly," Putin said through an interpreter, drawing audience laughter.

"Just wait," Bush responded....






No comments: